We are a breakthrough Fintech startup in Berlin that aims to revolutionize small business financing. We are a team of high-calibre start-up veterans that successfully founded, grew, and sold their first company (founded Zencap, sold to Funding Circle) and are now scaling our next venture. We have a world-class team on the ground and some of the strongest investors in Europe backing our company.
Based on big data analytics, fully digitalized processes and a highly scalable state of the art tech platform, we offer the simplest and fastest way for small businesses to access capital. Our innovative solution provides financing against open invoices of small businesses – no hidden fees, no paperwork, no boring bank branches. Financing as it should be. Like that, we will make a lasting impact on small businesses that provide jobs and income for millions.
Join us to create the future of small business financing!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Risk Management Team at Billie is constantly improving our quantitative risk models and processes that guide active risk taking and management by the company. This involves analysing significant amount of data to determine the impact of every decision parameter on the resulting risk and revenue for the company. We are looking for a working student who is interested in learning about these topics, and at the same time is enthusiastic about contributing to our risk analytics efforts. You will join our experienced and high-profile team, and will have ample opportunity to learn and grow.
- Department: Risk
- Reporting to: Senior Manager, Quantitative Risk Management
- Working Hours: Part-Time
- Languages: English mandatory, German is a plus
- Location: Berlin
- Duration: Limited
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Graduate (or exceptional undergraduate) Student in a relevant area (maths, physics, engineering, economics or equivalent with quantitative focus)
- Hands on experience with handling large amount of data in R, or Python
- Analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills to master complex, data-driven challenges
- Self-starter with a strong drive to succeed, enthusiastic for a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, willingness to learn and to be challenged
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented start-up
- You have the ability and interest to learn new technologies and methods
WHAT ELSE IS A BENEFIT
- You produce orderly and high quality code in R, or Python (R preferred)
- You have used Tableau or other relevant tools to visualise and manipulate large amount of data
- You have optimised model parameters or have performed Machine Learning
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe
- Becoming part of an international team of highly motivated, experienced, and skilled young top performers where hierarchies don't matter, but passion and drive do
- A great mission - we empower small businesses, the engine of economic growth
- You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that also want to learn from you
- A fantastic learning opportunity to develop in the area of quantitative risk management
- A great office near Checkpoint Charlie with a free gym, healthy snacks and cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks