The Food Safety associate coordinates activities of the Food Safety team. The Food Safety associate works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. This position is under the direction of the Food Safety Manager/Assoc. Food Safety Manager. The Associate is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the Lead and Manager. The Associate is required to ensure that the facility is maintained at SQF level of operation.
You will ...
- Oversees and works with food safety lead and performs typical food safety tasks to support the production/warehouse team and the entire facility up to and including internal audits, GMP enforcement, HACCP, allergen control, food defense and food safety implementation as needed.
- Audits GMPs for different departments as needed and communicate when deviations are found
- Be trained on standard operating procedures (food safety, GMP, allergens, CCPs, food defense AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies) and practice at all times
- Coach all employees to follow Hello Fresh policies and procedures
- Support the sanitation team and cross train with the sanitation supervisor to learn chemical usage
- Perform ATP swabs if required by the department and should have working knowledge of environmental monitoring program
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production to collaborate and solve problems
- Respectfully support and follow direction from lead or supervisor or management and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for following standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports all food safety sanitation issues to an immediate supervisor
- Performs routine CCP verifications and instrument calibrations (scales/thermometer) to ensure instrument functions properly
- Aids in non-conformance identifications and CAPA analysis
- In the event of absence, it is associate’s responsibility to communicate the essential tasks that need to be completed in his/her absence
- Professionalism and fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven and detail oriented
- Time Management: maintaining momentum and perform tasks to meet goals and deadlines
- Chemical knowledge
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Dependability: Should make sure absence is communicated during shift days and work is completed.
- HACCP knowledge preferred
At a minimum, you have...
- High school diploma/GED and minimum 1 year of related experience
- HACCP certification and SQF knowledge preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40ºF). The employee is possibly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Sat - Wed 6:30AM-2:30PM, Thurs-Mon 6:30AM-2:30PM (1st shift), Tue – Sat 3:30PM-11:30PM Fri-Tue 3:30PM-11:30PM (2nd shift), times are subject to change based on business needs.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Competitive Hourly Wage & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Monthly birthday celebration
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.