At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10 different countries across 3 continents. If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
About the role:
We are looking for a bilingual Translator to provide high quality, consistent and error-free translations for Product Team documents, including recipe cards.
- Provide consistent, on-time delivery of consumer-focused translations for the French-Canadian market.
- Produce high quality translations, proofread documents and make corrections, with great attention to detail to ensure uniformity, style and tone of two different brands as well as flawless spelling and grammar.
- Work with proofreaders, members of the product team, graphic designers and other team members to ensure on-time delivery and flawless execution translated texts.
- Update terminology data bank to standardize terminology usage.
- Participate in meetings and other projects as required.
- Prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Bilingual, Canadian French and English, both written and oral (native French speaker preferred).
- Able to work in a team.
- Enthusiastic with an engaged attitude, ready to energize and contribute to a start-up environment.
- Great in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A university degree in Translation from English to French.
- 1-2 years translation experience
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Suite especially inDesign, experience using CAT tools and online terminology resources).
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines and manage several projects at the same time sometimes with shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize work.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience in food or restaurants is an asset, a real passion for food is required!
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy
- We’re a startup within a startup. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success. You can get in at the ground level
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company and make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast
- Employee discounts on your weekly HelloFresh box!