Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
As a Country Head of Customer Experience, you will oversee building, tracking and managing the customer interactions for Jumia Mall to deliver a superior customer experience and NPS. You will be expected to work in coordination with Customer Service, Commercial, Vendor Experience, Finance and Jumia Services team.
Your responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
1. Manage the Customer experience team to deliver on:
- Management of customer’s SLA and backlog (delivery, returns, refund…)
- Management and turnaround of unsatisfied customers
- Pro-active management of new customer experience after delivery event
- Resolution of escalated issues with other department
- Customer NPS improvement
- Repurchase rate improvement
2. Manage and improve all aspects of customer experience:
- Develop and implement proactive plans to enhance the customer’s experience across all touch points
- Monitor and improve all customer communication for consistency and accuracy
- Determine priority improvements on the customer journey by maintaining contact with customers; going on delivery runs; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications
- Monitor competitors offerings for best practices on service calibration
3. Drive cross-departmental projects around customer experience:
- Drive product quality improvement via pro-active and re-active management operations (quality check, delisting, packaging material improvement…)
- Drive a customer-centric culture and accountability in various other teams
- Develop customers’ insights alongside with marketing and commercial team through focus group and surveys.
- Drive customer first project: design and implement a company-wide program placing the customer at the center of all focus
- Driver under the umbrella of customer First projects to :
- Improve Delivery journey
- Improve and fasten Delivery SLA
- Packaging Quality enhancement
- Product quality enhancement
- Brand perception of Jumia to be Customer delight
4. Groom and manage the next generation of Customer experience agents via:
- Create and implement training's internally for CX team to enhance Jumia NPS and process compliance.
- Managing the pool of pro-active calling agents to find potential hire (CS, commercial)
5. Be a role model of Customer experience in the Country
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Business management, Accounting, Economics, Marketing or related field from a recognized and accredited university.
- A Masters’ in any relevant field is an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role and industry
- 3 - 4 years in working in a Customer experience position preferably managing a large team
- Successful previous experience as a Customer experience lead or customer service lead or business operations consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through on job learning, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Experience in Project Management with proven ability to drive processes from inception to finish
Strong business sense and adequate knowledge of Customer service, customer experience, online marketplace model and ecommerce environment
Other Required Skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and Power point) and Google Office productivity tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong leadership, organizational and team management skills
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines on schedule.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- MD/ CEO
- Head of Customer Experience - Global
- Head of Customer Service
- Head of Jumia Services
- Head of Marketing
- Commercial team
- Customer experience team
- Customer Service team
- Tech / Product team
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures