Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Provide support services to country IT Representatives (users), reviewing and analyzing reported issues
- Provide guidance to users to allow them to solve or bypass issues
- Propose alternative actions whenever possible, researching viable paths, liaising with remaining Jumia team members whenever needed
- Perform root-cause analyses to pinpoint issue's causes, reviewing and analyzing symptoms
- Create or follow up tickets on Jumia's HelpCenter, providing a unified point of access to all information pertaining to reported issues
- Monitor Jumia’s support chat rooms and interact with users whenever they request assistance
- Identify knowledge gaps at the user community and organize focused training sessions to mitigate them
- Identify documentation needs from the user community and produce or organize the production of related materials
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources based on their criticality
- Follow up and make scheduled callbacks to customers where necessary
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Willingness to cooperate with others and work to the greater good
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Higher education in either IT or equivalent
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, clearly and accurately
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.