Green Chef is the leading and first certified organic meal kit company in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September of 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees and tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Green Chef and brought it into the Hello Fresh family. Green Chef is now part of one of the fastest growing startups in the US, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering healthy, organic meals, designed for busy people. At Green Chef, we believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction and meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, and the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans including Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, and Carnivore.
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Purpose of the Position: The Maintenance Technician is responsible to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to facility maintenance and equipment therein.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, to include routine plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and various other repairs
- Various general tasks as assigned, to include assembling and moving furniture and office equipment, setup and breakdown of tables and chairs, replacing door knobs/locks, repairs to door closures and/or walls, and painting of interior walls.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Regular and timely attendance
- Liaison for safety activities and reporting
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical and/or mechanical is preferred
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing per OSHA standards
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Work is performed in a refrigerated environment
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes/gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and various temperature conditions
- Possible exposure to various weather conditions
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef and HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.