Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- To understand the workings of the company’s business platforms (marketplace, warehousing, logistics, payments, etc) to be able to:
- Tackle tickets on Jumia’s Help Center, maintaining an organized repository for the information regarding each reported issue.
- Identify and escalate priority issues, involving and informing appropriate stakeholders if/when needed, depending on criticality.
- Analyse each reported issue, identifying the root cause and proposing alternative actions whenever possible, liaising with other Jumia teams if/when necessary.
- Suggest solid improvements to product teams, based on support experience.
- Help and guide the company users (internal staff) in using and configuring the platforms, enforcing and promoting good practices.
- To continuously learn and keep up-to-date on the different business platforms, as the product and development teams make them change and evolve.
- Monitor Jumia’s internal support chat rooms and interact with the company users (internal staff) whenever they request assistance.
- Identify knowledge gaps at the user community and organize focused training sessions to mitigate them.
- Identify documentation needs from the user community and produce or organize the production of related materials
- Being at ease with technology (especially Internet related), even if just from the user perspective.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Passion for learning and working in an ever-changing environment.
- Effective listening skills.
- Willingness to cooperate with others and work to the greater good.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and grammar.
- Higher education in either IT or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, clearly and accurately.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.