Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Perform security reviews and risk assessments as required;
- Recommend and implement changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access;
- Automate tasks on managing and configuring security-related services;
- Help to increase Information Security Awareness within the business;
- Manage security policies and procedures by reviewing and auditing security policies;
- Help to maintain information security policies and company-wide information security controls to protect the integrity of Jumia's assets.
- Help monitor infrastructure compliance of legal requirements and internal policies.
- Degree in Computer Science or higher in an Information Security field
- Background in software development or systems administration
- 2 or more years in a similar position
- Good understanding of network protocols, design, and operations;
- Working knowledge of Security principles, techniques, and technologies
- Knowledgeable of programming languages like Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, etc
- Comfortable with Web Application Firewalls, SIEM, IDS/IPS
- Experience with defining and enforcing hardening and other security standards
- Certifications on Information Security (OSCP, OSWE, CISSP, CISA or similar)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experienced with Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in Identity Management projects or Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS and ISO 27001, policy and procedure review and document management, gap analysis, etc
- Good understanding of risk-assessment methodologies (OCTAVE, NIST SP 800-30)
- Experience in Data Privacy impact assessment (GDPR)
- CCP (ex-CAP)
- Fluency in French, both written and spoken
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.