Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- As part of Jumia Finance Systems, Operations and Intelligence Team, you’ll lead the design and implementation of our reporting and data analysis tools;
- Develop automated and scalable reporting solutions to translate ambiguous business requirements and complex analyses into actionable insight for both business and finance leaders;
- Work with various stakeholders across the Group - from the Finance, Tech, Commercial and Operations Departments – to understand their reporting requirements and key business performance indicators;
- Design and build supporting data models for recurring reports, as well as for ad-hoc requests;
- Create dashboards, using our data reporting platform, to share relevant insights with your users, in a clear and effortless way.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”;
- Well-versed with data visualization and building dashboards, e.g. PowerBI, Tableau or similar;
- Familiar with data modeling and database schema design;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Hands-on attitude, because e-commerce is 50% operations and processes;
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills;
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field;
- Ideally a double IT/Business degree;
- 3-5 years of industry experience in a Business Intelligence role;
- Experience or familiarity with the startup ecosystem, including dynamic of startups, accelerators, venture firms and more.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered