At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
- Hire, inspire, manage, and grow cross-functional Data Engineering teams, ensuring every engineer has adequate growth opportunities
- Lead goal-oriented teams that deliver customer value early and often, diligently measuring results
- Set and ensure the upholding of high standards for quality, scalability and customer focus
- Be part of the engineering leadership team and help set strategy and goals across multiple engineering teams
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product, Design and other business areas towards a common goal of building a self service data platform, automated data quality checks and creating a great data governance model
- Collaborate with out Platform Tribe to establish a common Cloud Infrastructure for data storage, workloads, monitoring and incident management
- Play a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment of our technology with the overall business strategy for the company
Who we are looking for
- Experienced in managing multiple teams at the same time, including leading both engineers and team leads
- Coached and mentored engineers in their careers, acting as a true multiplier across the organization
- A technical background and past experience in engineering leadership roles, with a clear impact towards achieving business goals
- Experienced with Agile methodologies, with a focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking and quick iterations
- Ability to set clear goals and create measurable impact, while collaborating with different stakeholders to facilitate agreement
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase