At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers with the mission to bring the modeling capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level. At HelloFresh we believe that automation and Machine Learning can take our marketing efforts to the next level by marrying the right customer with the proper advertisement. We will accomplish this using technology on a large scale instead of using manual processes. We are actively investing in the right people, data, and infrastructure to support this vision.
We are looking for an Associate Director Data Science & Data Engineering to steer this program by:
- Leading a team of data scientists and engineers focused on improving customer experience, driving customer acquisition efficiencies, and building a world-class marketing technology & analytics platform
- Leading the design, implementation, and management of sophisticated data science models. Including media mix, multitouch attribution, A/B and multivariate testing, lift testing, recommendations, forecasting, churn management and campaign optimization, propensity scoring ...
- Drive collaboration across operational functions (e.g. digital product, data engineering, supply chain management, marketing analytics) to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Manage the end to end life cycle of advanced data products: ideation, implementation, and communication of final results
- Results-oriented - You love transforming data into meaningful outcomes
- Gritty - When you encounter obstacles you find solutions, not excuses
- Intellectually curious – You love to understand why things are the way they are, how things work, and challenge the status quo
- A team player – You favor team victories over individual success
- A structured problem solver – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously
- A critical thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems
At a minimum, you have...
- Advanced degree (PhD, Msc) in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience delivering analytical solutions to complex problems
- 2+ Experience managing and developing analytical talent
- Strong expertise in programming and scripting such as SQL, Python, and R
- Deep knowledge of data engineering practices (databases, data models, automation, data governance)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.