Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- In-house internal systems and network infrastructure deployment, management and maintenance
- Documentation of deployed solutions
- Responsibility for security policies deployment
- Monitoring solutions’ deployment and analysis on the implemented systems (Icinga, Graylog, Grafana)
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
- Fulfill other duties that are necessary for company well-being, safety and security
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience as a system administrator in the Linux environment using CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu, Windows Server and related services
- Windows Server and related services (AD, GPO, WSUS) and Centralized AV System
- Computer Science (BSc CS), Network and System Administration (B. Eng.) or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate certification (CCNA)
- Knowledge on DHCP, DNS, Application servers, Internet protocols, Proxy, NGinx, Apache, MySQL
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Bash, PHP, etc…)
- Knowledge on Jira/Confluence/Bamboo configuration and management
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripts in the area of infrastructure (Ansible)
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- Learn new skills with ease
- Good interpersonal skills and taste for teamwork
- Good analytical ability, organization and planning
- Disaster planning
- Ability to work under pressure
- Writing skills
- Likes problem analysis and solving
- Has a keen attention to detail and is methodical and organized
- Proactive and self-motivated with focus on results and deadlines
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Availability to travel to our offices in Africa regularly
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.