Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Centrally responsible for VoIP and E1 line deployments and provisioning
- Able to perform network/infrastructure audits and rollout/adapt according to defined/standardized solutions
- Provide advanced technical support for Xcally and other telephony applications. Activities will include configuration, performance and security
- Provide first and second level support for xcally and voice users when required
- Ensure change control and other processes & procedures related to xcally and voice are followed, and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
- Assist in performing voice/xcally project risk assessments, scoping and scheduling
- Document all infrastructure (Networking/Servers) environments
- Ensure all voice infrastructure has effective resource and capacity monitoring and that infrastructure capacity plans are established and maintained
- Participate in the appropriate out-of-hours third line support to provide the required business continuity and incident management
- Perform diagnostic procedures to identify and rectify any reported telephony problem
- Simulate all application projects in controlled environment before rolling out in the production system
- Computer Science (BSc CS), Network and System Administration (B. Eng.) or equivalent work experience
- Expert with asterisk, telephony, voip management and deployment
- Knowledge on linux operating systems (Debian, Centos)
- Knowledge of Networking (CCNA)
- Availability to travel to our offices in Africa regularly
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.