Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Design and develop advanced applications for iOS;
- Framework to support the apps working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features;
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into pragmatic and effective technical solution;
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that’s super-fast for end-users;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code;
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company;
- Fulfill other duties which are necessary for company well-being, safety and security;
- Work as part of an agile team on leading technologies;
- Able to gather and understand requirements;
- Attend scrum call;
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules, and principles of the company;
- Fulfill other duties that are necessary for company well-being, safety, and security.
- Solid experience in working with frameworks of cross-platform development like web APIs, XML, XSLT, XPath and regular terms;
- Familiarity with software architectures, especially for mobile clients based on Web-Backend and Databases;
- Experience with the Cocoa framework and Swift programing language. Experience in Objective-C also valuable;
- SQLite, Jenkins, and Hockey experience will be valued;
- Familiarity with modern development methods and tools (OOP, design patterns, MVC);
- Solid experience and skills in mobile native development for iOS;
- Experience in working with frameworks of cross-platform development like web APIs using REST clients;
- Experience with Apple Store submission processes;
- Higher education in IT, Software development or equivalent;
- Strong analytical as well as excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Solution-oriented and pro-active attitude;
- Eager to work in a team environment and share know-how;
- Easily adapts to new situations and changes;
- Keen attention to detail and is organized;
- Fluency in English.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.