Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Jumia Pay is a new and free online payment service that enables you to send payments online securely, instantly, and cost-effectively.
In particular you will:
- Design and implementation of web-based services that are high performing and scalable
- Expand our micro-services architecture
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies
- Work with a multidisciplinary team (Developers; DevOps, QA Engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7 years of experience using Spring based Java programming, and object-oriented design principles and design patterns
- Experimented with OLTP and distributed platforms
- Experimented with strong authentication and authorizations controls (ACLs) between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) in an OLTP context.
- Experience with other programming languages (GoLang, NodeJS, Python)
- Experimented on state of the art product development Agile practices, continuous delivery and testing (Version control, Unit-Testing or Continuous integration and delivery),
- Strong knowledge on Performance and Security topics
- Passion to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Proactiveness, team player and positive attitude
- Adaptable, meticulous, innovative with good problem-solving skills
- Intermediate French knowledge is a plus.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders