Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Contribution to Test Plans:
- Analyze, review and assess user requirements, specifications and testability models;
- Active participation on test case scenarios review among QA team elements
- Create Test Case specifications based on ticket descriptions, acceptance criterias and business/tech KPIs
- Write functional tests in Gherkin syntax
- Prepare and acquire test data
- Collaborates with team members on all testing activities
- Prepare test environments (at all levels, e.g. application/data) and execute test tools (ex: Cucumber, Hiptest) troubleshooting issues detected through automation and manual testing while evaluating the results and document the deviations from expected results
- Update documentation and generate reports over test results
- Organise responsibilities and tasks to ensure the successful completion of work or projects, identifying potential obstacles and finding ways to address them sharing actively experience, knowledge and solutions with team
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity having due regard to equality issues in all decision-making
- Working with product owners, developers and team leader to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan test coverage for upcoming features
- Knowledge in Gherkin syntax
- Familiar with Quality Processes and Agile Methodologies using industry standards of software QA tools, as HipTest
- Experience in Web Software and Mobile Applications (native) on product assurance tasks/processes
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude with constant sense of organisation and attention to detail
- The following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out.
- Knowledge about Software (Web and Native applications) development life-cycle
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins) in user point-of-view
- Knowledge of Internet protocols, HTML, CSS and use of Dev Tools (Chrome Inspector e.g.)
- Experience in e-commerce on analytic/planning role
Academic & trades qualifications
- Academic background in IT or equivalent (is a plus)
- Proficiency in English
- ISTQB Foundation (strongly preferred)
- 1 year of experience (is a plus)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered