At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
As an Engineering Manager, you will be actively contributing to the codebase and managing a cross-functional team of Data Engineers and Data DevOps Engineers.
- You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of your team’s projects, through creating a framework of accountability, and continuously optimizing your team’s performance by promoting a culture of excellence, where best practices and industry standards are an everyday habit.
- Enable quick and accurate decision making within the team by facilitating discussions, as well as driving the team to be more autonomous and self-sufficient.
- You will coach, mentor, and further grow and develop engineers on your team.
- As the manager of the team, you are expected to provide valuable and timely feedback to your team, as well as conduct regular performance reviews.
- You will be reporting directly to the Director of Data Engineering and you will be working closely with them on topics as hiring and capacity planning.
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems, like:
- Design and build a world-class self-service data platform
- Taking responsibility for design, build, and maintenance of our data infrastructure, with special focus on flexibility and scalability
- Understand and bring solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making
Who we are looking for
- You are an experienced data engineer, having worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark), with cloud based services (AWS: S3, EMR, Glue) and with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS).
- You have hands-on experience in creating and managing an enterprise-scale Data Platform, while setting best practices for security, privacy, monitoring & alerting, and CI/CD (ideally with a few of these: Azure, Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana, Jenkins, Concourse, Airflow, Tableau, Alation).
- You have experience managing cross-functional teams in an agile environment, driving them to their full potential.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and show empathy, to your team and your stakeholders.
- You are a self-organized individual, with a focus and ability to prioritize your workload using business data and metrics.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.