Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions
- Work in a development environment with modular codebase, peer reviews and pull requests workflow with proper source control process, with disciplined and structured branching model, and documentation
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
- Be part of a challenging, fast and agile development process
- Contribute actively and proactively to optimize applications, processes, and methodologies
- Be willful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks
- Experienced with version control, GIT, CI and CD
- Strong knowledge on Java and Kotlin
- Strong knowledge on Android SDK
- Familiar and experienced with Material design, guidelines and components
- Familiar and experienced with the Android Jetpack, architecture, components and patterns
- Familiar with image loading components, Picasso or Glide
- Knowledge of the Network layer, REST API and HTTP Client architectures
- Strong knowledge of Android Studio and Gradle
- Familiar with memory management, UI layout/rendering and UI/network performance
- Knowledge and experience with Unit tests, UI Automated tests and Espresso
- Android fan, enthusiast of new technologies and innovation
- Eager to work in team environment and share knowledge
- Like problem analysis and solving
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude
- The following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out.
- Experience in public applications, ideally e-commerce ones
- Familiar with 3rd Party Tools as, Analytics, Crash Reports, Notifications, A/B Tests and Deep Links
- Knowledge and experience with databases
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology
Academic & trades qualifications
- Academic background in IT or equivalent
- Knowledge in algorithms and mobile development
- Proficiency in English
- 1 year of experience
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.