Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Communicate, advocate and execute Risk & Fraud management strategy in JUMIA.
- In charge of carrying out daily operations and managing the fraud agents, from transactions analysis to chargeback dispute.
- Ensure compliance with existing control structure while driving path to automation and scalability.
- Support the technical and operational release of new prepayment methods across the group, while making sure they are integrated to fraud management processes and comply with PCI DSS compliance regulation.
- Define key risk and fraud management performance metrics and continuously monitor them
- Define KPIs for risk team and help team to achieve
- Set up standard operating procedure for the team for different use cases and continuously improve the process by constant monitoring
- Reduce Payment Risk and Account Takeover Risk by defining adequate risk rules for different merchant categories and countries and continuously monitor and improve the performance.
- Work closey with Business, Product, and Operations teams
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering/scientific domain or related, preferably in computer science
- 3+ years of experience in online/e-commerce industry preferably in a fraud or risk management role
- Knowledge of business practices within the Credit Card industry, online paymetns is a plus
- Proven experience managing payment processors, merchants, fraud prevention, etc.
- Advanced data analytics skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in applying analytics to efficiently and pragmatically solve business problems through structured problem-solving approaches
- Proven track record of developing effective controls and managing operational risk
- Proven ability to evaluate the business climate, anticipate change and develop compensating strategies/vision
- Experience with predictive analytics and custom rule management using current-generation fraud management products like Sift Science or Simiity
- History of communicating to senior leaders of an organization
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.