HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home-cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all of the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europe’s fastest growing start-up, but at just seven years in, we’re the industry leader. Along the way, we’ve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide, and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
So, if you’re keen to change the way people eat forever, join a dynamic and energetic team and work in one of the coolest offices in London, look no further.
About the job…
We’re hiring an eager to learn & entrepreneurial Recipe Developer to work in the HelloFresh test kitchen and help HelloFresh to always stay on top of the market trends while offering the best recipes as possible to its customers.
At HelloFresh we pride ourselves on building the best recipes possible for our amazing community of home cooks and this role will be key to ensuring we continue to do that.
- Be part of the team that develops and tests recipes for HelloFresh Meal Kits
- Test, test, test again in the HelloFresh Test Kitchen in Shoreditch, London
- Create recipes that are quick, simple and delicious of our growing horde of hungry customers
- Cost and write the recipes in Hello Fresh in-house software
- Analyse and take on board feedback from our External testers and rework the recipes accordingly
- Liaise with our culinary assistant to determine our needs in terms of recipe and ingredient testing on a weekly basis and re-cook accordingly
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for new recipes, concepts and ingredients
- Obsessed with food
- Creative and pragmatic when it comes to creating new recipes and using new, exciting and alternative ingredients
- Proactive, ambitious and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Organized, make things happen, creative at solving problems and relentless until desired outcome is achieved
- Able to maintain consistent deadlines while ensuring complete accuracy across all tasks
- Proficient with Google Suite / Spreadsheets
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Passionate about our business and changing the grocery retail landscape in the UK
- An eye for details
- Experience in a food related field and a creative flair for cooking
- 1 to 2 years experience in recipe development in a creative food environment writing, developing and testing recipes or concepts
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a food related field
- Exceptional written expression for the authoring and editing of concise, simple recipe methods
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Free local gym access or private healthcare
- Breakfast everyday
- Desk beers every Friday
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fantastic social activities (we once transformed our office into a multilevel, mini golf course!)
- High level of responsibility from day one
Start date : January 2020