At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless. We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
As a member of our international food safety team, you’ll be exposed to lean, fast-paced, and engaged QA teams across the system. Within the QA community you’ll collaboratively work to mitigate risk, drive standards, ensuring operational excellence ensuring the consumer gets safe and high quality ingredients.
This role can be based in either Berlin or London.
About the job
Are you passionate about building food safety standards and systems across multiple countries, driving food safety culture to the next level? We’re looking for someone with produce and allergen policy writing experience
Our Food Safety & Quality Assurance team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced and energetic Food Safety professional to join the international team. Reporting to the International Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, this role is critical to developing and driving standards and food safety thinking through the HelloFresh system - accountable for driving produce food safety and quality compliance, creating and launching a HelloFresh allergen policy and driving systemised intake checks across our international DC’s.
Working collaboratively with our international procurement, culinary development and country QA teams, the role will share best practice, create standardized ways of working, drive thinking in food safety regarding supplier approval and management, and support in various strategic projects – delivering on the Food Safety & Quality Assurance vision.
To fuel our international growth we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate and result-driven, have a strong team-spirit and will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing food industry.
- Partner with the international and country procurement teams on strategic projects, ensuring suppliers selected have the right food safety, quality and cultural requirements
- Use your produce expertise and agricultural knowledge to increase quality through variety & seasonality selection, improved specification content and knowledge sharing across international and local markets
- Reducing produce supply base risk by driving farm level compliance via Global GAP and equivalent schemes, supporting local teams in risk assessment and reduction, evolving washed produce guidelines and developing central reporting for compliance visibility
- Write an allergen management policy covering the entire HelloFresh system - from culinary development, supplier management, HelloFresh operations and Distribution Centres to how information is communicated to the customer on all platforms
- Support the international Product Operations and Procurement teams in standardising an approach to targeted and systemised intake checks at HelloFresh Distributing Centres, utilising data to improve supplier compliance and ingredient quality
- Build effective relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, being an active member of the International Food Safety & Quality Assurance community
- Monitor food safety & quality data for trends, focusing on themes covering multiple countries, identifying opportunities and developing solutions – supporting international Operations & Procurement on key performance metrics
- Evaluate key risks and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation
- Role-model our HelloFresh values and the Food Safety & QA vision
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role within Food Manufacturing/Assembly/Distribution/Retail
- Deep knowledge of produce and/or allergen management is a strong plus
- Food Science/Nutrition degree
- Internal and external audit experience
- Knowledge of government regulations (Europe wide / international markets)
- In depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP and COSHH
- CIEH Level 4 award in Food safety or relevant qualification
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Adept at data manipulation and analytics
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Embraces change, challenge and working in an autonomous way
- International experience desirable
- Excellent English skills required
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- A vibrant, international environment
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation
- Sabbatical policy
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, discount on the HelloFresh GO vending machines, free German classes, Geek Friday, discounts for our neighboring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club, annual budget for training and development initiatives, weekly Yoga Classes, Summer & Winter Party)