At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 6 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 12 different countries across 3 continents.
If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
Based in our Eastern Australia DC facility in Pemulwuy, you will report to both our Site Manager (hierarchy) and our Head of Food Safety & Quality Assurance (functionally).
The main task of the Quality Control Manager is to ensure products meet quality and efficiency standards set by the company.
In that aim, you will work hand in hand with our operations and product team. It does mean among others:
- Understand customer needs and ‘requirements’ to be able to enforce the use of and improve efficiency the ‘quality control’ tools and processes in place and challenging them where needed,
- Supervise the quality control functions/activities, including quality control inspection schedules adjustment and update and the collection of quality records,
- Ensure conformance to food safety regulations (e.g. DC licence and certification renewal, fumigation documentation),
- Evaluate the qualifications of inspection personnel, assess both the capabilities and performance of the QC team,
- Develop and deliver relevant training programs to the DC personnel, ensuring compliance to food safety and quality standards,
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity, adjusting rosters upon needs,
- Monitor the compliance of raw material or intermediate products to set requirements.
- Recommend changes in specifications of materials, parts, products and processes based on inspection results and non-conformances,
- Ensure the DC is always enforcing best practices, working closely with the production supervisors, employee and site managers to ensure conformance to HelloFresh standards, Food Safety Regulations, GMP, GHP, including equipment and environmental sanitation,
- Conduct internal audits to ensure observance of WHS as well as compliance with all legislative and organisational requirements,
- Devise ways of improving the processes in place to ensure higher-quality goods by implementing corrective / preventative actions arising from internal audits / near misses / customer complaint resolutions, conducting root cause analysis,
- Monitor the sustainability of the implemented corrective and preventative actions,
- Supervise the correct equipment calibration management activities, in coordination with the maintenance manager, including schedule follow up and calibration records.
The main requirement / experience should be (this is a guideline, not a check list):
- Demonstrated experience (36 months minimum) in a quality role within dairy, pharmaceutical or food manufacturing environment,
- Demonstrated experience in managing an operational team,
- Sound understanding of Quality Management System, HACCP, GMP, GHP and Australian food safety standards,
- Familiar with the food industry
- Being a certified auditor or food safety certified, will be considered as a plus.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- Heavily discounted HelloFresh boxes
- Regular team-building events
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
Please note, some Saturday work may be required on the odd occasion and you will also be expected to work on some public holidays after aligning with the Site Manager.
If this sounds like you, please complete the application below.