Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Review and contribute to Test Plans;
- Implement Tests on all test levels (from design to execution), evaluate the results and document the deviation from expected results;
- Analyze, review and assess user requirements, specifications and testability models;
- Configure and execute test tools;
- Create Test Case specifications;
- Implement all types Dynamic Analysis;
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Review and maintain current test base;
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable Java modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiar with Quality and Agile/Scrum Methodologies;
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiar with test and project managing tools, ex TestRail, JIRA, etc.;
- Likes problem analysis and solving;
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Minimum 1 years experience in web development with Object-Oriented Programming
- At least 1 years of experience in Java/J2EE development with Spring framework, especially with modules such as Web, JMS, Transactions with Core Container;
- Strong experience with Maven;
- Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- A strong sense for code quality, following/defining coding guidelines and experience with Unit-Testing and SonarQube;
- A clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- Knowledge of Cucumber and Gherkin are a plus
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.