Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Be part of an agile team of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers working directly with Sysadmins, using state-of-art tech technologies to build and monitor systems, applications and services
- Work with our development team to build Continuous Integration & Delivery pipeline improving the fill delivery pipeline to get faster time to market, lower failure rate of new releases and shorten lead time between fixes
- Develop tools to automate: product build and delivery, maintenance & operations tasks, quality standards testing
- Support and influence our product development teams to use the Continuous Delivery infrastructure and Devops Methodology
- Work with Product Development and Infrastructure Systems to design and implement solutions and resolve issues
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto scaled and fault tolerant software throw standards as well as testing, load testing and stress testing
- Must have experience/knowledge in Linux environments
- Experience/Knowledge with configuration management tools
- Monitor tools
- Shell and Python scripting
- Skilled with tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Devops Methodology
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD
- Experience with or interest in virtual/containers environments (e.g. Docker)
- Fluent in English
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures