Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Ability to discuss architectural solutions for the infrastructure required to support our products;
- Uphold infrastructure high availability and scalability standards;
- Identify and implement automation process for increased team performance;
- Ability to have a “hands-on” approach to work;
- Make intelligent decisions about prioritization of efforts based on risk;
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and articulate to non-IT personnel;
- Ability to communicate and interact with various teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a Microsoft Systems Administrator at a large scale IT infrastructure ;
- A solid understanding of Microsoft operating systems, including system installation and configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, and process control/management (also having UNIX OS knowledge is a plus);
- Strong understanding of the networking principles and applications/technologies which make the Internet run (e.g., TCP/UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP, HTTP services, VPNs);
- Experience with high-availability virtualization infrastructures and knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google);
- Ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Windows Powershell, Python, etc.) with in-depth knowledge in at least one;
- Database administration experience, particularly SQL Server, with special regard to high availability (having SQL database tunning knowledge is a plus);
- Knowledge on monitoring tools and frameworks (previous experience with Zabbix is a plus)
- Experience with Windows failover cluster architecture using Windows Server OS using shared storage;
- Autonomy, self-discipline and time management skills;
- Enjoy working with other people and help solving complex technical problems;
- Fluent in English (mandatory);
- Availability for short term trips abroad.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.