Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Participating in a fast and agile team to develop complex web-based applications;
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions;
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance and architecture keeping good practices, security and compliance in check;
- Maintain existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features;
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company.
- Solid experience with Java and Kotlin;
- Familiarity with modern software architectures (MVVM,MVP);
- Solid experience with working with and consuming REST APIs;
- Experience in developing Android UI applying material design principles, patterns, and best practices;
- Higher education in IT, Software development or equivalent;
- Strong analytical as well as excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Solution-oriented and proactive attitude;
- Eager to work in a team environment and share know-how;
- Easily adapts to new situations and changes;
- Keen attention to detail and is organized;
- Fluency in English.
- Familiarity with the use of Dagger2 as a dependency injection:
- Familiarity with real time communication using websockets;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (Jenkins, HockeyApp);
- Experience in working in a SCRUM/ AGILE environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.