Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- You will be part of an agile team that develops e-commerce and smart logistics solutions;
- Your work will integrate a service oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies;
- You will own your services and be responsible end-to- end;
- You will take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews;
- You will change the Internet in Africa and the World one line of code at a time.
- Understanding of object Oriented Programming with particular attention to readable, reusable and testable code
- Experience with web application development with a good Computer Science/Engineering background
- Acquainted with software design and architecture patterns, web services (REST, SOAP) and databases (SQL/NoSQL such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Experience with the following technologies is appreciated: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins
- Interest in large-scale reliable systems
- DevOps mindset
- Up-to- date in current trends and technologies (we understand how important training is!)
- Fluent in English
References we use daily at work:
- Mr. Martin Fowler: https://martinfowler.com/
- The Clean Code by Robert C. Martin (or simply Uncle Bob)
- The Pragmatic Programmer by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas
- Release it! By Michael T. Nygard
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.