We are a breakthrough Fintech startup in Berlin that aims to revolutionize small business financing. We are a team of high-calibre start-up veterans that successfully founded, grew, and sold their first company (founded Zencap, sold to Funding Circle) and are now scaling our next venture. We have a world-class team on the ground and some of the strongest investors in Europe backing our company.
Based on big data analytics, fully digitalized processes and a highly scalable state of the art tech platform, we offer the simplest and fastest way for small businesses to access capital. Our innovative solution provides financing against open invoices of small businesses – no hidden fees, no paperwork, no boring bank branches. Financing as it should be. Like that, we will make a lasting impact on small businesses that provide jobs and income for millions.
Join us to create the future of small business financing!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a (senior) risk underwriter, you will analyze Billie’s customers with regards to their individual credit and dilution risk profiles and make recommendations. You will do this within an underwriting framework that is set to manage Billie’s exposure and risk position. Your tasks will include among others
- Conducting comprehensive risk assessments of new customers during the onboarding process
- Deciding on adequate risk mitigation levers such as security deposits, financing limits, or verification requirements
- Underwriting of financing requests and deciding maximum limits and additional requirements
- Aligning with underwriting departments of our refinancing partners
- Developing novel, innovative risk assessment methodologies to match a fully automated financing process
- Conducting reoccurring audits of high-profile customers
Together with your team you will constantly challenge the status quo and push for refining processes, developing standards and formulating policies. This includes elements such as defining risk limits and early warning indicators, identifying and implementing risk mitigation measures introducing efficient monitoring and reporting procedures.
At Billie you do not play in a small industry niche – if you enjoy deep-dives into individual transactions and simultaneously enjoy finding solutions to new issues, transforming ideas into practical outcomes and working with these on a daily basis then this is the right position for you.
- Department: Operations
- Reporting Line: Team Lead Underwriting
- Working Hours: Full-Time
- Location: Berlin
- Duration: Permanent
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have an education in business administration or similar
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in the financial industry with a background in underwriting, ideally in factoring, banking or leasing
- You bring significant experience in credit risk analysis based on traditional data (financial statements, management accounts, OPOS, SuSa) and non-traditional information (bank account data)
- You gained work experience in analyzing small- and mid-cap clients in this context and
- you have a good business judgement when assessing the validity of business models across various industries
- You understand how to spot dilution risk (Veritätsrisiken) as well as fraudulent behavior in the invoice book and accounting data
- Your experience in the B2B e-commerce space is a welcomed plus. You have experience with Microsoft Excel and are familiar with essential functions and formulas
- You have a creative mindset, enjoy working conceptionally and have proven this in first projects
- You can efficiently self-manage, proactively drive initiatives and take full ownership of your tasks
- You have a very good command of German and are fluent in English
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe
- Becoming part of an international team of highly motivated, experienced, and skilled young top performers where hierarchies don't matter, but passion and drive do
- You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and who also want to learn from you
- You’ll apply and broaden your technical knowledge in daily operations embedded in a dynamic environment
- A fantastic opportunity to shape and build: You will support in setting-up and (re-)designing best-in- class underwriting policies and processes
- A competitive compensation package including virtual shares in Billie
- A great office near Checkpoint Charlie with a free gym, healthy snacks and cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks
- A Learning & Development bonus of 1.000 EUR per year, which you can use for conferences, taking courses, buying books and other materials
- Social events such as monthly social outings, People @Billie Lunch talks, brown bag seminars, technical talks, our annual company offsite and more