At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Senior Director of Accounting Services will serve as a key member of the financial leadership team reporting directly to the SVP of Finance. This new role is designated to integrate and elevate our Accounting function, in order to ensure processes and controls keep up with the growth of our business.
The incoming leader will take on responsibility for the Accounting [and Tax] teams, supporting all US brands. They will establish and drive the overall direction and strategic initiatives of the accounting team. HelloFresh is a fast-paced, highly collaborative, cross-functional environment therefore strong leadership skills are needed with the ability to partner within all levels and areas of Finance team as well as various business partners outside of Finance.
- Working with SVP of Finance to determine implications for all material business decisions from an accounting/tax perspective.
- Managing a multi-level finance team, with a strong passion for career development for all employees.
- Advocate for the finance team within other areas of the company for such needs as process improvement, data integrity, and timelines.
- Strategize, design, implement and maintain effective accounting policies (IFRS), procedures and controls; manage external and internal auditors.
- Provide technical accounting subject matter expertise on the treatment of accounting transactions and related financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly financial reporting, ensuring accuracy and adhering to strict timelines.
- Build out processes and infrastructure to increase efficiency, accuracy, and collaboration with other functions.
- Closely collaborate with the Senior Director, FP&A, to support budgeting cycles and cost control.
- Working with fellow company executives to ensure internal compliance.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are documented and followed by the regional organization
- Support the buildout of the tax function and the implementation of a tax risk management process.
- Managing the treasury function, limiting risk and optimizing the financial result.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A strong leader that maintains an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, and represents our value set by example.
- Ability to utilize existing tools and implement new solutions in order to increase efficiency and focus on value-driving activities; broad experience with ERP and financial reporting tools is a plus.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects and multiple points of view
- Activity seeks to remain knowledgeable regarding current accounting, tax and other regulatory practices in the industry
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to senior management
- >12 years of combined experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting functions, preferably in an SEC-regulated environment; CPA is required.
- 6+ years of managing experience
- 4+ years of managing managers
- Strong technical accounting background, including international reporting standards (IFRS) and internal control over financial reporting (ICFR).
- Proven track record in managing managers and team functions.
- Proven track record of being solution-oriented and team player
- Experience in inventory-based E-Commerce businesses is a plus
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.