Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- In charge of the right pricing in finance module (commission rates, VAS etc…)
- Support Country Manager / COO on offer to sellers (pricing, trigger) definition and implementation
- Is in charge of the booking in Finance Module or Finance Operations systems of all revenues non automatically calculated in Bob + refund (Kaya, VAS, refund for commercial gesture etc…)
Sellers’ balance management
- Control data quality in Finance Module or Finance Operations systems QC board or macro.
- Is responsible for recording 100% of transactions occurring on a seller account (payout, collection, refund ect…)
- Moderate seller dispute on their invoices and account statement
- Perform/monitor payout to seller depending on country need.
- In charge of collection process correct execution by central and local stakeholders
- Control status of sellers (delisted/live) in SalesForce
- Perform/monitor cash collection reconciliation (match collection against seller ID)
Processes and system change management
- In charge of supporting the implementation of new processes and systems related to finance operations locally, based on central guidelines.
Link with accounting
- Perform reconciliation between seller balance in Finance Module or macro booking files and A/R seller (customer) balance in Navision,
- Support write off of seller balance as per group policy guideline, based on finance module account statement and seller status on website
- Participate to audit review on trade account (up to PC1, substantive tests)
- Is POC n°1 for any compliance / accounting / operational issue in the country for Jumia Market (under the supervision of direct and indirect manager)
3PL management (as a full task or in coordination with logistic team)
- Monitor 3PL remittance/debt
- Is responsible to analyse delta between cash received and order status (data error, fraud etc…)
- Is responsible to raise flag to management and follow up on 3PL bad debt.
Seller communication on financial topic:
- Send invoices and payout receipt using central macro (until finance module phase 2 is released)
- Make sure that financial information on the invoices and email (legal entity, email text etc…) is correct
- Is responsible for the content of seller communication pages related to payout, collection, and services fees on website
- Is responsible for the information content displayed on finance module.
Buyer financial transactions and prepaymenta integration
- Is responsible for the monitoring of financial transactions with buyer (refund etc…) based on venture policy.
- Depending of venture strategy and willingness to integrate prepayment method, is responsible to act as local POC during integration period.
- In charge of prepayment method reconciliation and monitoring.
Qualification & Experience :
Academic & trades qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking and Finance, Economics from a reputable University or equivalent
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- From a Business background with a first experience in finance, accounting or audit; or from an accounting background with a first experience in customer services, sales aor operations.
- Significative previous experience in accounting is a plus.
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Thrive for customer satisfaction (internally and externally)
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eager to work in team environment and share knowhow - Easily adapts to new situations and changes;
- Autonomous and leadership driven, you are able to raise flag, propose project.
- Quick learner with an interest for systems
- Hands-on attitude, because e-commerce is 50% operations and processes
- A unique entrepreneurial experience, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around theworld
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth is for the future generation of leaders for our future internet ventures