At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10 different countries across 3 continents. If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and hard-working Accounts Payable professional to help improve and maintain the accounts payable function of our Canada business. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and time-management skills, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and go beyond your typical day-to-day job description in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Daily, you’ll assist in the full cycle Accounts Payable process, including:
- Processing vendor invoices according to purchase orders, required approvals, and our chart of accounts
- Preparing weekly payment runs
- Responding to vendor inquiries and communicating with vendors and purchasing departments to ensure any discrepancies are resolved and bills are paid on a timely basis
- Managing vendor master data and ensuring our records are complete and accurate
- Tracking and processing employee expense reports
- Other ad-hoc projects and reporting
- Monthly, you’ll assist the Finance & Accounting team with month end close and reporting schedules.
- Continuously, you’ll work closely with the accounting team on various ad-hoc projects to improve and maintain the accounts payable function of the company.
Who you are:
- You have some experience in full cycle Accounts Payable, working under pressure, and meeting tight deadlines
- You have experience working with complex accounting systems. Experience with Oracle Financials Cloud is considered an asset.
- You have a solid understanding of accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- You are proficient in Excel (For example, you can create pivot tables and perform look-ups with ease)
- You have excellent inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and can develop and maintain positive working relationships within all levels of the organization
- You are entrepreneurial and a hustler: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches
Why you’ll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy
- We’re a startup within a startup. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success. You can get in at the ground level
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company and make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast
- Employee discounts on your weekly HelloFresh box!