Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Hiring local staff including the whole process (posting, sourcing, interviewing, reference checking and on boarding) in partnership with the managers and recruitment consultancies.
- Performance Management: Supporting managers on performance management issues and processes (feedback, year-end performance appraisals…).
- Learning and Development: Designing the company training plan and customized training programs for each department.
- HR Development: In collaboration with Jumia HR community, implement new HR policies and processes; ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment laws.
- Personnel and payroll administration: Liaising with social bodies, measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement. Managing absences, composing staff handbooks, contracts, staff memos, and issuing written offers of employment, promotion etc.
- Office management: (In collaboration with the Office Manager Assistant) oversee IT, logistics (room reservation system, etc...), everyday life (equipment, special initiatives, etc…).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Mastery of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Strong understanding of local Employment Law & processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Masters from a top business school/ HR curriculum
- Minimum 2 years of experience in HR management
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders