Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Jumia was founded in 2012 in Nigeria with a clear mission, to relentlessly build the most effortless and reliable online shopping environment, providing consumers with the widest range of genuine products at low prices. Jumia has now expanded to 15 countries with over 4,000 employees across Africa, integrated most of the value chain from our own delivery fleet to our customer service and our own warehouse.
Jumia is part of Jumia Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Jumia Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia eCommerce, Jumia Food, Jumia Cars, Jumia House and Jumia Travel. It is led by very talented people offering a great mix of local and international profiles.
Jumia Group has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC, and Goldman Sachs. The group went public by listing on the NYSE in 2019 as the first African Tech Start-Up to do so.
Africa is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey.
As a Recruitment Specialist, you will coordinate end to end recruitment process with the aim of implementing Jumia’s talent acquisition strategies. Ensuring the sourcing, attracting and hiring of top talents whose values and goals are very well aligned with that of Jumia.
In particular you will,
- Along with the Head of Recruitment, work closely with hiring managers to achieve a clear understanding of job roles, to execute sourcing strategies and identify the best talents to meet overall recruitment goals.
- Engage and captivate the interest of quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires.
- Utilize various channels (Internet sourcing, resume mining, networking, LinkedIn) to find appropriate active and passive candidates for specific and talent pipeline positions.
- Coordinate end to end recruitment process including initial assessments, first level interviews, and issuing offer letters
- Deliver a great candidate experience by providing accurate information and timely feedback to candidates.
- Build talent networks, developing relationships in ways that could yield referrals for potential hires.
- Support in building talent pools for future hires which includes sourcing active and passive candidates.
- Work with team to continually develop and improve on existing recruitment processes including creating positive candidate experience.
- Support the team in general activities that will strengthen the company’s employer branding.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from any acreedited Universities with at least 3 years progressive growth in recruitment.
- Experience in Employer Branding methods
- Experienced in the use of HR tools such as Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Practical experience of sourcing top talents using multiple channels.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to scan large volumes of resumes to identify best fit applicants and good interviewing skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, and work books.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.