At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are the dominant world leader in the meal-kit market and have grown to operate in 12 different countries across 3 continents. If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
About the role:
At 3 years, HelloFresh Canada is a young organisation but we are growing up fast. With a mission to disrupt the food industry, we now have over 200 people across our 4 main locations (Toronto HQ + Distribution Centres in ON, BC & AB), and we are seeking out our future People Director to help us progress through the next stage of our development and ensure that we become a leading employer across Canada.
It is just under a year since we acquired our previous competitor Chefs Plate, and now that the PMI stage of our growth is behind us, we need a strong, highly empathetic leader to join our Senior Leadership Team and guide us to long-term stability and success as our high growth continues.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting directly into our CEO & Founder Ian, you will be a key strategic partner and coach for all 6 members of our Senior Leadership Team, based in our downtown Toronto HQ
- Manage a smart, capable and eager People Team of 7 (5 direct reports), inspiring them to create a world-class employee experience across the organisation and to grow in their own careers.
- Lead your team on the full range of HR areas including employee relations, talent management, performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development.
- Identify and prioritise what needs to be built to set our people up for long-term success.
- Partner with our VPs on upcoming big, strategic changes ensuring that their people are skilled, equipped, motivated and organised to achieve what’s needed to dominate the Canadian recipe box market.
- Be a champion of the HelloFresh DNA, living our values in all that you do.
- Drive key Talent initiatives, ensuring that we move the needle on key People metrics such as Time To Hire, E-NPS & Turnover.
Who you are:
- Experience of working within and scaling a fast-growth business as a senior (Head of, VP, Director) People generalist role.
- A proven ability to create clarity and process where others see ambiguity.
- You believe in the Attract-Grow-Retain talent strategy and have experience of driving a team to help you achieve it.
- You have experience managing both People Ops & Talent Acquisition teams.
- You are a highly adaptable, empathetic individual who enjoys working in a fast-moving, uncertain environment.
- You lead by example with your own team, who admire and respect you.
- You’re happy to look outside of HR best practice and to take a fresh and truly progressive approach to HR and leadership to drive high performing teams.
- You have a demonstrated ability to consult, influence, and partner with senior leaders in developing and executing people strategies to drive business performance for a range of business units, and ideally across start up + blue collar workforces.
- You love food and want to be a key part of our mission to change the way people eat!
Why you’ll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We’re a scaling up startup within a global scale-up. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success.
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company and make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast.
- Employee discounts on your weekly HelloFresh box!