JumiaMarketing | Shenzhen, CN
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Head of Vendor Relationship & Marketing Jumia Global, you will be at the core of Jumia Global Marketplace strategy.
Jumia is indeed a pure marketplace, relentlessly growing its base of happy and engaged sellers, the services we provide them with, the assortment Jumia offers to its customers. You will shape the way we manage and animate thousands of sellers, and use all your levers to make them grow while ensuring their operation excellence to protect our CXP.
You will be in charge of a team which responsible for helping our sellers grow their business on Jumia, increase their e-commerce expertise and adopt increasingly complex solutions to keep selling successfully online.
• Reach your targets for the Jumia Global Marketplace;
• Prepare and execute on key commercial events as part of Jumia's commercial calendar by setting up the right environment for sellers to bring their best deals to the table and generate uplift to their business;
• Engage the seller community through high quality communications channels;
• Successfully setting up and running a state-of-the-art outbound call center with the right culture of productivity and quality;
• Synthesizing data on your performance and insights from seller interactions to report to CCO and make decisions on how to improve Jumia's services to our sellers;
• Empower Jumia Advantage Program;
• Lead the vendor animation routine through vendor challenges;
• Lead the improvement of vendor experience;
• Grow your team to build a best-in-class unit with low turnover.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen;
• High empathy and managerial skills to help team grow;
• Performance oriented and action oriented;
• Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership and drive;
• Strong communication skills;
• Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions;
• Well organized;
• Resistant to stress;
• Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations;
• Fast learner;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Ability to adapt in a multinational environment;
• Capacity to challenge and improve processes;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment.
Expected background and technical skills:
• Top Engineering or Business Schools and Universities
• 3-5 years experience in consulting, banking firms or e-commerce
• Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
• Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures