Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Position will be working with Head of Communication and Public Affairs in various areas of communications with a focus on employee communications, help execute internal communication strategy.
Specific tasks will include:
- Content development - written as well as video, External articles for company-owned content (thought leadership, etc.)
- Social media content development
- Internal articles for employee communications
- Video creation for employee communications
- Contribute to internal publications (newsletters, emails, publications, intranet…)
- Support local internal events and at group level
- Ensure local activation / consistency of One Jumia Voice
- Act as Ambassadors and engagement support
- Promote Jumia’s Culture including core values
- BS or BA in communication or a related discipline preferred
- Knowledge or past internship experience in communications is a plus
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel skills required
- Good level organizational and project management skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Basic photography and video skills a plus
- Working knowledge of Web communications a plus,
- Creative with the ability to share new ideas with others in a professional setting,
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects with stringent deadlines
- A unique opportunity to learn about diverse marketing processes that make a business grow in an efficient way cross channels
- Huge learning experience in one of the fastest growing web firms
- A highly challenging and empowering environment
- A flat structured working environment and direct engagement in decision making
- Working with talented and multicultural teams
- Starting ASAP
- 6 months internship