Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing a 12 months rolling commercial event planning for tier 2 events (one per month, built with commercial team)
- Proposing a couple of concepts for each event: value proposition, visual identity, claim, onsite user flow, deals logic, animations, levers to success. You are responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Working closely with local marketing, commercial & design stakeholders as well as the central commercial event management team to lock the concepts 4 months ahead
- Doing heavy international e-commerce event benchmarking and year-long competitor intelligence (offline and online) for upcoming and past commercial events
- Launch the PMO 3 months ahead. Proceed with early steps such a partnerships & T1 sellers’ negotiations
- Once campaign is over, you gather learnings & performance data from all stakeholders and enrich the 18 months T2 calendar accordingly. Aim is to improve our T2 events thanks to our learnings.
- Establish event's milestones to ensure event is ready for go live date. Establish a contingency plan to prepare for the worst
- Push for deadlines' respect - all tasks are interdependent: one deadline is missed, and several tasks are delayed.
- Gather & structure information to facilitate the work between all stakeholders. Raise a flag when you spot inconsistencies
- Make the necessary local adaptations so event resonates with customer
- Communicate, communicate, communicate! You are the event’s voice.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Merchandiser, curious for competition best practice (offline and online), savvy of branding/event novelties,
- Experience in project management ideally
- Organized: timely, extremely rigorous, detail oriented
- Good communicator, emotional intelligence
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, being agile
- Data oriented, analytical
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in teams
We Offer :
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.