Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Your tasks will be to take responsibility and drive all activities related to Production of Online Content including Catalog Images & Category Tree Display.
You will be responsible for the Content Supply Chain and optimizing the processes and operations involved for Fashion & General Merchandise teams. Your position as Head of Production entails:
- Define & Optimize Production Supply Chain & Teams
- Define KPIs that reflect the efficiency and recognize the areas of improvement
- Define and implement strategy required to make production a push strategy for suppliers
- Be responsible for content quality and guidelines implementation Manage daytoday life of production: prioritization and content & picture validation, mistake investigation and correction
- Taking initiative to push for quicker resolution of IT issues Manage and train Fashion & GM Production Teams (Photographers, Content Writers, Photo Editors)
- Coordinate with other departments for Production input and outputs Improve current processes
- Perform Capacity Planning and team restructuring Create tools and guidelines to improve production quality
- Analyze Key performance indicators related to product creation and product conversion rates.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Top European Business Schools and Universities Previous experience in project management is a plus
- Master Degree in Management/Project management/Communication/Media & Brand /Information Related Fields
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Capable of performing change management Strong analytical and managerial skills
- Comfortable with basic computing knowledge Interest in emerging countries and ecommerce Curiosity for fashion and electronics products.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince the people about your expertise fields
- Autonomous, rigorous and trustworthy Fast learner
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and Photoshop is also a plus
- Fluent in English/French & Arabic
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- An unparalleled opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- A distinct learning about diverse processes that make a business efficient and successful
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders