Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Manage the commercial performance of the JForce team
- Coordinate team performance with business goals – mostly working closely with the commercial team
- Design marketing campaigns to reach revenue targets and agent activation targets.
- Ensure that the Shipped to Net (STN) and other operations related KPIs of JForce are enforced by running promotions, offering incentives and issuing penalties for cancellations.
- Develop and manage healthy working relationships between the team and the J-Force Agents by increasing interactions and monitoring/ devising structures for the growth of agents.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of processes aimed at resolving J-Force Agents’ issues within 24hours of complaint.
- Optimize the recruitment process across board (every region) and strategize on improving Agent activation
- Monitor the overall performance of all Agents and Regions.
- Ensure that agents’ commissions are calculated correctly and paid out on time
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BSc in Business Administration, Business management, Accounting, Economics, Marketing or related field from a recognised and accredited university.
- A Masters’ in any relevant field is an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role.
- 3 - 4 years in working in a sales position preferably managing a large team
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, marketing or demanding commercial operations role consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Experience in Project Management with proven ability to drive processes from inception to finish
- Strong business sense and adequate knowledge of the online marketplace model and ecommerce environment
Expected Personal and Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and Power point) and Google Office productivity tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong leadership, organizational and team management skills
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines on schedule.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures