Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Jumia was founded in 2012 in Nigeria with a clear mission, to relentlessly build the most effortless and reliable online shopping environment, providing consumers with the widest range of genuine products at low prices. Jumia has now expanded to 15 countries with over 4,000 employees across Africa, integrated most of the value chain from our own delivery fleet to our customer service and our own warehouse.
Jumia is part of Jumia Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Jumia Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia eCommerce, Jumia Food, Jumia Cars, Jumia House and Jumia Travel. It is led by very talented people offering a great mix of local and international profiles.
Jumia Group has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC, and Goldman Sachs. The group went public by listing on the NYSE in 2019 as the first African Tech Start-Up to do so.
Africa is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey.
The role is the most critical and the role holder is the owner of Jumia commercial performance in Nigeria, responsible for the P&L of the company and handles all teams related to key account management, marketplace, commercial planning and cross border ecommerce.
The role holder is the main point of contact for investors, Group CEOs, Group CCO and Country CEO when it comes to assessing Jumia’s performance trajectory versus Business Plan.
- Delivering a world-class customer and vendor experience thanks to the right assortment, perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
- Overachieving the targets of:
- Net Merchandize Value (NMV)
- Gross margin (PC1)
- Items sold
- Base of active sellers
- Vendor Net Promoter Score
- Pricing positioning index (being rolled out)
- Jumia Express share
- Building, managing, growing a team of talents over 4 departments:
- Key Account Management, managing the biggest sellers on Jumia
- Marketplace, managing the tail of sellers from acquisition to performance and operation management.
- Commercial Planning, planning the commercial activity around weekly campaigns and Tier 1 events such Black Friday, analysing the performance to highlight growth opportunities, managing the inventory, managing pricing
- Cross border ecommerce (Jumia Global), liaising with our teams in China and in Europe to ensure the growth of international sellers on our local platforms
- Developing tight professional and personal relationships with senior executives at brand and seller side (Intel, Lenovo, Sony, Xiaomi, etc.)
- Being recognized as an expert on your market internally and externally, understanding and anticipating market trends, understanding seller and customer needs
- Conveying a clear vision to the team, the management and the functional leaders on what you want to achieve
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, Mobile Week
- Ensuring we find a balance between the customer and the seller experience, enabling a tremendous growth of our base of sellers and our assortment while protecting the customer experience
- Setting up a proper pricing strategy to offer the widest range of genuine products at the lowest price
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being strongly involved in our tech developments
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from any accredited university
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification will be added advantage
- 10 years+ of experience in Retail/FMCG Industry and or 3 years+ of experience in Consulting will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years' experience in a senior position, managing a team of people and driving business development
- Experience in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product Planning, Marketing Analytics and Research.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytics, business modeling and basic valuation concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR )
- Excellent business analytical skills – use of data to drive product and pricing strategies, and their impact to production forecasts
- Key Account Management experience with large or multiple accounts with the ability to influence third party partners to achieve profitable results
- Highly organized and be able to complete multiple tasks, proactively with initiative
- Self-motivated individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.