Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Composing content, editing and posting to JUMIA website
- Using details from the fashion supplier to write content on the products
- Describing fabric, sizes, colours and fittings of various fashion items
- Writing descriptions on accessories
- Editing web pages for on-screen readability
- Proofreading final draft of web pages.
- Working on Jumia back-end software to ensure our suppliers product info is online
- Training our suppliers in using Jumia IT (Software) tools at Jumia and suppliers offices
- Liaising with other departments such as Sourcing, Buying, Operations and Production to ensure product information is put online in a timely manner
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to improve and automate processes
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Business/ IT/ Journalism
- At least 1 year experience in content writing, freelance or employment
- Excellent written English
- Good computer skills: ability to quickly learn new software and tools
- High attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking
- Great communicator, friendly and approachable
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders