Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
We're building a fulfillment center from the ground up, and we're looking for passionate team members to help us create an incredible customer experience and an amazing place to work! We are seeking an individual who thrives in a challenging, evolving work environment as our operations continue to grow. You will report to the Receiving Manager and will be responsible for receiving food items, identifying and resolving quality issues while working side by side with the Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Team.
- Assist in receiving all food and non-food items daily
- Identify quality issues with incoming product and work collaboratively with the teams to ensure that only the best products are accepted into our facility
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment including food storage and non-food storage areas
- Work closely with the Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance team to ensure all products meet food safety standards
- Work closely with the Production Management team to ensure all issues are communicated effectively to reduce deviations in production schedule
- Loading and unloading all inbound and outbound shipments
- High School Diploma, post-secondary education preferred
- 1-2 year experience in a high volume receiving role or high volume foodservice environment
- Experience working with produce is a benefit
- Experience working in a warehouse environment/shipping and receiving
- The ability to operate motorized hand trucks
- Forklift, Reach Truck or Stacker Operator license is ideal, but we will train the right candidates
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Overtime, weekend, evening and holiday work, as required
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
Must be willing and able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
Why join the Chef’s Plate team?
At Chef’s Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a fast-growing company, then this role is for you!
- Opportunity for increased responsibility and growth within the company
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged team
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking