Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main responsibilities :
- Building strong link with account managers of our top brands and vendors;
- Will be the only one along with country managing director & CCO to represent Jumia in front of those key accounts;
- Driving the growth by ensuring we have the right product at the right price;
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship);
- Ensuring we anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough missing strategic assortment;
- On-boarding 100% of your account’s products available;
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc.
- Building business plan for your category(ies) to ensure we grow them in a structured way, Those BP will be presented to Jumia local CEO & CCO as well as Jumia Group CCO;
- Having a strong network among electronic, mobile, fashion suppliers is a plus.
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Strong commercial skills;
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations;
- Structured and organized ;
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince people and your team that you are making the right decisions;
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment;
- Flawless English communication ;
- Experience over 2 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies;
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 4 of your field for your country);
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools;
- Familiar with relationship management tools;
- Overall, we expect a true leader.
We offer :
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.