The Jumia Mall Head of Vendor Experience (VXP) will be responsible for leading the significant & sustainable improvement of the Jumia Mall Vendor Experience, reaching VNPS of 70 in every country by end of 2019. Taking into consideration the related Vendor Experience impacts as well as the cost impacts of the targeted improvements. Leading not only the sharp definition but also the successful execution of the requested changes.
Vendor Experience being defined by all elements impacting the satisfaction of a vendor listing & selling products on Jumia: onboarding & training experience, seller center experience, first mile shipping experience, return experience, payment experience, vendor support experience.
The Jumia Mall Head of Vendor experience challenges are described below:
- Management & recruitment
- Managing a central team of top vxp professionals (analysts/project managers). Leading recruitment when necessary.
- Managing the country’s head of vendor experience. Leading recruitment when necessary.
- Through the management of countries heads of vendor experience, managing a team of 100+ people across the 5 countries
- Interacting with Jumia central top management to align on roadmap / budget / strategic projects
- Interacting with Country’s Managing Directors & COOs to explain the forecasted changes, collect their feedback, and get their full collaboration.
- Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, customer experience, marketing) to explain the forecasted projects & get support, as many of the VXP projects are transversal.
- Tech & product development:
- Being the key stakeholder for all the vendor support related product development in Salesforce, our vendor support management platform
- Being one of the key stakeholders in the Seller Center development roadmap to ensure the product is always developed to maximize the vendor experience
- Being consulted on development influencing vendor experience (Commercial management, Warehousing & logistic…)
- Performance management:
- Ensuring we offer a best in class vendor support though the achievement of strong vendor support performance
- Interacting with counties head of VXP on regular basis to ensure we reach and sustain the VNSP targets
- Projects definition & execution
- Collecting detailed feedbacks from vendors & local teams
- Based on this feedbacks, on Jumia Mall mission / vision, and on benchmark with other marketplace ecommerce websites VXP successes, building a vision for the Jumia Mall VXP
- Based on this vision, prioritizing (with a cost / impact pragmatic approach) and defining the detailed roadmap of projects to be led, and the related requested resources (team / external resources, IT devs)
- For each project:
- Ensuring strong & detailed thinking
- Following up rigorous successful implementation
Vendor Experience improvement being clearly one of the top company strategic objectives, the Jumia Mall Head of Vendor Experience will benefit from strong support from the top management. He will report directly to the Jumia Mall Group COO.
- Strong experience (>6 years) in leading (or participating to with a significant sub-role) vendor experience or operations in a larger or similar ecommerce environment than Jumia OR strategy consulting background
- >6 years total experience
- Strong inter-personal skills: convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Ability to manage efficiently both a small central team and the country VXP managers
- Strong analytical skill
- Detail / Action / Results oriented
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- You feel confident when communicating in English
The position is based in Dubai or Egypt, with travels in Africa.