At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Associate Production Manager, you will provide leadership and direction to the production team while meeting optimization goals and continuously improving production. In this role, you will manage all employees within their perspective shifts and head up hiring, training & development, performance management, recognition, actions, etc.
We're searching for a visionary leader who enjoys getting in the mix and driving change from within; a mover and shaker who is excited to build something awesome and share it with the world!
- Head up production planning and execution for shift; escalating any staffing issues to the Production Manager
- Oversee training and development for Production Supervisors and Line Leads
- Deliver maximum productivity, quality, and accuracy of shipment to customers; emphasis in developing labor cost reduction system as well as maximizing efficiency (in other words a focus on low man hour and pick/pack errors)
- Coach and develop supervisors to effectively handle hourly associate behavioral issues; get involved to manage conflict and workplace altercations among employees when needed
- Partner with Production Manager to implement production cost techniques to be applied in production tasks and assembly
- Track production plans, start-times, dismissal times and additional daily activities
- Immerse yourself in the trenches, engage associates, and encourage feedback to drive change from within and adapt to the ever-changing business while focusing on the customer experience
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader that listens to your team and values their ideas
- Agile: proven ability to adapt quickly and deliver results in a fast-paced distribution environment; you don’t get overwhelmed easily and thrive with autonomy
- Results-driven: natural problem solver with high level of integrity and excellent follow-through on tasks
- Strategic: recognizes and resolves situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Customer-focused: you understand the importance of highly satisfied customers and are committed to delivering a product and experience that is second to none
At a minimum, you have...
- 3+ years of people management in a production-based manufacturing environment (food/beverage/perishables)
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; will consider applicants with 5+ years relevant experience and diploma/GED
- Proven success in leading and driving the performance of 30+ employees within a hyper-growth, demand-driven organization - our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need to help drive it
- Knowledgeable in Lean manufacturing principles a plus
- Ability to communicate and cultivate collaborative relationships at all levels of an organization
- Excellent time management and people management skills
- Demonstrated success with driving and delivering results against established company criteria and key performance indicators
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.) capabilities
- Ability to work weekends and holidays (shift will include weekends)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.