Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Job Location : Wuse, Abuja
As a Delivery Experience Associate ,you will provide a full line of driving safety and compliance related education and training services to Delivery Associates in support of the goals and objectives of Jumia Services, the Logistics Marketplace company of Jumia.
In particular you will:
- Provide practical and theory based driver training and development to enhance individual risk awareness and driving skills, and promote the benefits of a positive driver attitude to reduce driver risk.
- Conduct risk assessments of potential Delivery Associate and the re-assessment of existing Associate to ensure their driving competency and suitability for their particular driving duties.
- Provide information on trainee performance and driving development needs.
- Assist in the development of new initiatives for all aspects of driver training, road / driver safety and driver assessments.
- Complete all training reports and assessment summaries promptly and to a high standard.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the Quality Assurance process including course evaluation to enable the team to meet all objectives.
- Track all fleet incident report relating customer delivery experience and satisfaction
- Supervision and reporting of fleet condition and maintenance
- Support in sourcing, screening, grading and recruitment of potential Delivery Associates
- Coordinate DA community engagement activities at the hub level
- Source local content and happy Delivery Associate stories shared on a weekly basis
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Management is preferred, equivalent experience will be considered as well
- 3 years of related experience
- Hands on Safety & Compliance experience in the Transportation industry an asset
- Experience in the provision of light commercial vehicle driver coaching and development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to motivate the timid and firmly control the strong willed in the classroom and during in-car training to ensure complete safety at all times
- Sound knowledge of current car technology and basic maintenance.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders