Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
As Head of Vendor Promise, your role is a unique opportunity to help drive our efforts to improve vendor satisfaction across the entire vendor journey. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving vendor experience and as a result better vendor loyalty and retention.
In particular you will:
- Ensure execution of 21-day RTV attempt promise of course
- Ensure execution of 21-day delayed item reconciliation
- Proactive hub auditsProactive VIBES exemption routines
- Proactive analysis of Vendors with low success rate
- Participation in Focus groups
- Analytics:Analysis of vendor centric key performance indicators and vendor NPS to ensure high quality vendor experiences Product improvement.
- Proactively search for new vendor related features on the platform which could improve a seamless vendor experience
- Scalability and growth. Take on new opportunities like launching a new project
- Support. Manage day to day queue management issues arising from various departments across the firm
- Develop and optimize processes: scale new and improve existing processes based on vendor data and feedback to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Auditing and monitoring of processes, queues, hubs and order placement
- Work Closely with the Head of Vendor Experience to lead projects within the unit and companywide projects with functional managers.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from accrediated universities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- High level of intellectual curiosity and focus on generating action-oriented business insights.
- Demonstrated success in developing innovative solutions and resolving bottle-necks within eco-systems
- Prior experience setting up processes for monitoring and assessing experience on various customer interfaces, including digital channels
- Tested entrepreneurial skills with the ability to conceptualize and re-engineer processes within large organizations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders