Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Handling relationships with new and current suppliers (includes talking to them every day and developing a rapport).
- Getting the weekly promotion items from the suppliers.
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, Mobile Week. The Category Director will coordinate all commercial teams related to his/her categories to ensure a flawless execution in the event preparation
- Negotiating costs and payment terms with the suppliers.
- Achieving the targets of revenue, items sold, gross margin, assortment, vendor base
- Building, managing, animating the key account management team across all markets
- Getting new releases as soon as the suppliers have them.
- Shortlisting and prioritizing key suppliers.
- Handling pricing and assortment strategy
- Finding new suppliers with no limits, try to source and sell every product within your category.
- Monitoring stock levels and planning the purchasing policy well in advance.
- Having an accurate knowledge of competition: who they are, what prices they have and their products.
- Analyzing consumer buying behavior and predicting future trends.
- Attending trade fairs / events and sourcing for new products.
- Producing Monthly sales reports.
- Becoming an expert of your category with a perfect knowledge of the different products / pricing / market trends
- Liaising with various teams within the organization to ensure a smooth flow of operations.
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being involved in our Tech developments
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Purchasing and buying experience.
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Exceptional commercial skill
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Very detail oriented
- 2 years and above work experience in a similar capacity.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of Suppliers of category products is an added advantage.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and has proven ability to deliver exceptional results.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders