At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As Shipping Supervisor, you will oversee the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of shipping, distribution of goods, and logistics. You will be hands-on and immerse yourself in the trenches to drive productivity, optimize performance, and incite change from within!
- Directly lead a team of 10-15 associates in shipping, including: interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees; training and development; workforce planning and scheduling; tracking performance & productivity; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues
- Communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance
- Collaborate with other departments in the distribution center to solve problems and drive improvements
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among team members
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets).
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change from within, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have vision, passion and true grit; you enjoy thinking outside the box and constantly challenge the status quo
- Bold: you’re adventurous and outgoing; you’re not afraid to take calculated risks and make tough decisions
- Agile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily, you adapt quickly to change and know how to deliver results in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
- Results-driven: you understand there is not a one-size-fits-all approach when problem-solving; you think outside the box and enjoy grinding away at issues to find a solution
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Customer-focused: you are slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; diploma/GED required
- 1+ years of supervisory experience within manufacturing or fulfillment (food, beverage, perishables ideal)
- Background in warehousing, distribution and/or fulfillment; preferably direct to consumer / eCommerce
- Proficiency in Google apps (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.) and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong people and performance management; our culture is a critical part of our success and you’ll help drive it
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor and working directly with all levels of staff
- Effective communication and presentation skills across all levels and departments
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics with great follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays (schedule will include weekends)
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.