At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh’s Workplace Operations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day office operations in our NYC headquarters. As a Workplace Operations Manager, you will be the "go-to" for all office-related requests, maintenance, and improvements. You will work closely with the People team to ensure efficiency and positive employee experience. You'll also be working on strategic projects both independently and in coordination with the People team.
It's a great position for any “jack or jill of all trades” that enjoys being the go-to person of an office. The ideal candidate is ambitious, detail-oriented, personable and does not get easily frazzled. You are a strategic thinker with experience managing facilities in a growing environment. You should pride yourself on your quality of work and relationship building skills. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, and an ability to develop and execute best practices that align with our culture will be a big asset.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking long-term growth within our company and wants to help us build a vibrant, upbeat office culture. If you thrive in an exciting and evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our business. This position is part of the People team and you will have the opportunity to directly impact culture
- Create a best-in-class work environment for HelloFresh’s employees and guests.
- Responsible for overseeing facility operations, maintenance, and security.
- Develop and implement solutions across the office.
- Achieve cost savings and support at/below budget, through maximizing utilization of suppliers and preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying efficiency opportunities.
- Build ROI for office enhancements.
- Delivery of non-real estate projects such as refurbishments and improvements.
- Play an integral part of move teams, planning and implementing moves, including for future growth within the office for minimal disruption to existing employees.
- Source and oversee facilities maintenance & supply needs for the company including placing orders for all consumables as needed.
- Keeping a record of all necessary information pertaining to purchases and budgets and submit monthly expenses through Concur.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors as needed. Review and approve all invoices, proposals and other service provider submittals.
- Ensure the safety of our people by developing/maintaining/updating emergency action plans and providing health and safety risk assessments. This includes ADA and emergency preparedness plan.
- Serve as the main point of contact for office emergencies, including after hours and weekends.
- Partner with IT and People teams to ensure all new hires are set up appropriately and leavers have a smooth transition.
- Work with building management to ensure the office is functioning optimally and for maintenance to ensure office safety and communicate information to employees.
- Manage and monitor office supplies, inventory, and swag.
- Own the employee's physical experience at HQ.
- Work to ensure productivity and engagement of all employees at HQ.
- Have a balanced mix of people, technical, analytical and operations skills
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit a must
- An orientation toward rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Passion for making workplaces operate seamlessly
- Ability to handle unexpected changes and challenges
- Customer service orientation with a keen sense of urgency and prioritization
- Flexible approach with superb interpersonal skills, both in verbal and written communications
- 5+ years experience as a manager responsible for complex operations at large office sites
- Experience in establishing and managing routine work requests that include coordinating with electricians, plumbers, HVAC mechanics, equipment repair technicians or other outside vendors
- Strong project management skills
- Proven skills in planning and budgeting
- Space management and programming experience
- Proficient skills with Google Suite, MS office applications, Slack
- Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to run multiple projects and priorities within agreed timelines and budgets.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace with rapidly changing priorities
- A willingness to be self-directed, with a knack for solving problems and spotting inefficiencies
- No ego. You are up for anything thrown at you and you tend to stay calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated expertise in providing high-quality support services with an ability to identify, analyze and problem solve service-related issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.